Sibson cum Stibbington Village

Welcome.

The parish of Sibson-cum-Stibbington sits in the northernmost corner of Cambridgeshire, and forms part of Huntingdon District Council

To contact the Parish Council email Wendy Grey: wendy7wansford@gmail.com

For website feedback contact Phil Jones

Archive of Council Minutes from 2006

Parish Council Annual General Meeting Minutes 4th May 2011

Minutes

 Minutes Annual General Meeting 4th May 2011 (Click here to download as a Word document)

The Annual General Meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Wednesday, 4th May 2011 at7.30pm.

 

Present:

Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor P Styles CllrN Guyatt
Councillor N Cook

Councillor M Beuttell

Councillor I Turner

Mrs W Gray (Clerk)

 
     


 

  • Councillors were in attendance from7.30pm
  • 3 members of the public were present

 

The Parish Clerk opened the meeting, at7.30pm.

 

Business Discussed

1

(Annual) Election of Chairman  – Cllr Bradshaw proposed Cllr M Beuttell  as Chairman seconded by Cllr Styles, all in favour.

2

Declaration of Acceptance of Office

2.1

– From Chairman – duly completed.

2.2

– From ALL members – duly completed.

2.3

– To co-opt a parish councillor – Mr D Wright was co-opted on to the Parish Council.

3

Election of Other Officers/Representatives

3.1

Vice Chairperson – Cllr M Beuttell proposed Cllr P Styles seconded Cllr Bradshaw, all in favour.

3.2

Street Light Representative – Margery Beuttell

3.3

Cambridgeshire & Peterborough Association of Local Councils Representative – Paul Styles

3.4

Christie Hall Management Committee Representative – Mike Bradshaw

3.5

Tree Warden – Ian Turner

3.6

Parochial Church Council Representative – David Wright

3.7

Parish Footpaths and Bridleways Representative – Nick Cook

3.8

Police Liaison Representative – Ian Turner

3.9

Road Safety Representative – David Wright

3.10

Planning and Development and Land Issues Representative(s) – All councillors

3.11

Parish Maintenance Representative – Nick Cook

3.12

Finance Representative – Margery Beuttell

3.13

Health & Safety Representative – Mike Bradshaw

3.14

Line Manager for Clerk – Margery Beuttell

3.15

Thornhaugh Development Action Group – Mike Bradshaw

3.16

Any Other Representations –

Sibson – Nick Cook

Great Haddon Action Group – Paul Styles – item for next agenda.

4

Apologies for Absence – to receive and accept apologies for absence – Cllr McGuire

5

Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted – to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda – Cllr Cook item 13.2.

6

Public Forum – to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes – white lines, Elton Road opposite shops.

7

Minutes of Previous Meetings

7.1

Approval of Minutes of Meeting 2nd March 2011– agreed.

7.2

Review of Actions from Meeting 2nd March 2011– any necessary actions included as separate items on this agenda –

White lining opposite shops (copy of follow up note to be sent to Cllr Guyatt).

Parish Plan – agenda item next meeting.

Street Lighting Bracket – Cllr Beuttell to follow up.

Noticeboards – clerk to speak with contractor.

8

Review Minutes of Annual Parish Meeting 13th April 2011 – agreed

9

Review of Subscriptions – Cambridgeshire Acre and CPALC – agreed

10

Business Expressly Required by Statute – all schedules to be forwarded to Councillors for any changes/issues to be raised at next meeting  **

10.1

Review Council Insurance **

10.2

Review Standing Orders including Complaints Procedure **

10.3

Review Financial Regulations **

10.4

Review Financial Risk Assessment **

10.5

Review Risk Assessments **

10.6

Review Clerk’s Terms and Conditions **

10.6.1

Job Description as Clerk **

10.6.2

Job Description as RFO **

10.6.3

Confirmation of Scale of Pay 2010/2011 **

10.6.4

Expenses **

10.7

Review Internal Auditor Services **

New internal auditor to be agreed! – it was agreed that Mr P Taylor be appointed to carry out the internal audit for Sibson-cum-Stibbington Parish Council.  Mr Taylor completes the internal audit for Elton and Wansford Parish Councils and is highly recommended.

10.8

Review Freedom of Information Publication Scheme **

10.9

Approve updated Asset Register **

11

Financial Accounts

11.1

Accounts @ 30th April 2011 – Community Account  – £11,859.34

                                           Business Saver Account – £18,140.62

11.2

To Approve Annual Accounts – accounts still to be finalised, further meeting to be arranged to sign off.

Website to be set up – clerk obtaining quotes

Need to re look at budget – certain areas budget may need increasing.  Agenda item next meeting.

12

To Authorise the Following Orders for Payment:

12.1

Wendy Gray (clerk’s salary) – £245.95 payment approved

12.2

Inland Revenue (Tax for the clerk deducted from Clerk’s salary) – this figure will be collected every three months.

12.3

Stationery – none

12.4

CPALC Affiliation Fee – £146.10 payment approved

Road Services Limited – Invoice received requesting payment within 14 days – the Parish Council were in agreement for this to be included and payment of £978.00 duly made.

13

Planning:

13.1

1100545FUL – Part 2 Storey and part single storey extension on rear of house at 61 Elton Road, WansfordPE8 6JS– no objections raised.

13.2

1100535FUL – Erection of new dormers, miner infill/extension and creation of new access driveway at 91 Elton Road, StibbingtonPE8 6JX– no objections raised.

14

Correspondence from residents:

14.1

Mr D Wright re councillor vacancy.

Stibbington Centre re trees on strip of ground between their front playground and Old Great North Road– clerk to report to Richard Kingston, Highways.

Telephone Kiosk on Church Lane– painting incomplete – clerk to speak with contractor.

Royal British Legion request to put notice in Parish Council Noticeboard – clerk to contact.

15

General Correspondence:

Street Lighting Maintenance and Energy –1 July 2011onwards

Working with Wansford Parish Council re Play Area – it was suggested that perhaps this could be included in the formulation of the Parish Plan.

Wansford-In-England Cricket Club – ask for a quote and how much had in mind, who else getting funds from.

16

Questions from Councillors:

Bridleway – Cllr Cook to look into.

Footpath down side of bridge on London Road– bikers using as a race track – PCSO to be advised.

17

Reports: report received from PCSO Barry Chamberlain

18

Banking Arrangements: A further signatory is required – Cllr Turner agreed to complete relevant paperwork.

19

Date of Next Meeting: Wednesday 6th July 2011

 

            The meeting closed at8.30 p.m.

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>