The meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Wednesday, 7th March 2012 at7.30pm.

 Minutes 7th March 2012 (Click here to download as a Word Document)

Present:

Councillor M Beuttell Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor N Cook
Councillor I Turner Councllor P Styles Councillor D Wright
Parish Clerk, Wendy Gray


  • Councillors were in attendance from7.30pm
  • 6 members of the public were present

 

Business Discussed

1

Opening of Meeting: The Chairman, Cllr Beuttell declared the meeting open at 7.30pm.

2

Apologies for Absence: to receive and accept apologies for absence – None

 

3

Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted: to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda – None.

4

Public Forum: to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes –

Speedwatch – Cllr Beuttell confirmed that Cllr Mac McGuire is looking into this for us re suggested speed limits etc.  Signs will need changing, highways authority will need to agree to change.

 

5

Minutes of Previous Meetings:

Approval of Minutes of Meeting 11th January 2012 – the minutes were agreed as correct.

 

5.1

Review of Actions – any necessary actions included as separate items on this agenda – None

6

To Authorise the Following Orders for payment:

6.1

Wendy Gray (Clerk’s salary):                                                                    £273.28

6.2

Expenses (Clerk):                                                                                      £77.55

6.3

Living Villages:                                                                                        £120.00

6.4

StibbingtonChurch:                                                                                 £600.00

6.5

CCC Electricity Supply and Maint – Parish Clerk to speak with CCC re discount (light not in use)

All above (with exception of 6.5) approved for payment

7

Rob Facer (NewChurchCommittee):  Mr Facer attended the meeting to update the Parish Council on recent changes.  A new committee has been set up which will be looking at how we can use the Church better, what needs doing and synergy working with the Parish Council and also looking to liaise with The Environment Centre.

Cllr Styles asked how have they established what needs to be done.  Mr Facer confirmed putting a 5 year plan together – immediate things that need doing are pulpit, flooring, kitchen area, clear away overgrown vegetation.  Mr Facer will distribute plan in three months time to show what they are going to do.

8

Street Lighting:

Quotation received for replacement light – Parish Councillors agreed quotation of £1,691.37, Parish Clerk to confirm with Balfour Beatty and request work to commence.

9

Vacancy for Parish Councillor:

No new applications received.  It was agreed that Parish Clerk would again contact nominee put forward by Cllr Styles to see if still interested.

 

10

Planning Applications:

10.1

1200180FUL – erection of dwelling with double garage and car port with room above at 95 Elton Road, Stibbington – no objections raised.

11

Footpath – Wansford/Stibbington – Erection of Gate and Fence:

Parish Clerk requested update from John Cooper prior to meeting – nothing to report at this moment in time.

12

Website: – progressing – awaiting first sample – will circulate to Councillors as soon as received.

 

13

Correspondence/Questions from residents:

Dog Fouling – this is becoming an increasing problem, need to look at putting up signs and supplying bins.  HDC have already been contacted and we await their response.

 

Amass of Rubbish around Stibbington Diner – Cllr Beuttell will initially have a word with Stibbington Diner ahead of the Litter Pick on the 26th March to ascertain who is responsible for leaving the rubbish.

14

General Correspondence:

HDC Flood Forum

HDC Town and Parish Alert

HDC re Waters Edge

 

All above had been e-mailed to Cllrs for information.

15

Questions from Councillors:

Land opposite the Post Office has been bought and it has been mentioned that the tenant will be getting planning permission for houses to be built on the site.  If plans are submitted the Parish Council need to look at these asap.

 

Question was asked what was happening with “Fiddlesticks building” this is a grade II listed building and work had started but HDC had put a halt on work being done as a planning application is required.

 

Cllr Bradshaw reported on Christie Hall – a big thank you to Cllr Styles for his efforts in work carried out re rent review – no increase has been made.  A copy of accounts was produced for file.  Issue re trees dying at the bottom of drive of Christie Hall was raised.  Clerk will ask HDC Tree Warden to check them out.

16

Reports: –  Report received and circulated from PCSO Barry Chamberlain.

 

17

Date of Next Meeting: – Wednesday 2nd May 2012 – Annual General Meeting/Parish Council Meeting

The meeting closed at8.25 p.m.