Sibson cum Stibbington Village

Welcome.

The parish of Sibson-cum-Stibbington sits in the northernmost corner of Cambridgeshire, and forms part of Huntingdon District Council

To contact the Parish Council email Wendy Grey: wendy7wansford@gmail.com

For website feedback contact Phil Jones

Archive of Council Minutes from 2006

Minutes 2nd November 2016

Minutes

 

Minutes of Meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Wednesday 2nd November 2016 commencing at 7 p.m.

 

Present:

Councillor M Beuttell Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor H Facer
Councillor D Price Councillor J Wright Parish Clerk W Gray


 

  • Councillors were in attendance from 7.00 pm
  • 5 members of the public were also present

 

Business Discussed

1 Opening of meeting – Cllr Beuttell welcomed everyone to the meeting
2 Apologies for Absence – to receive and accept apologies for absence – Cllrs I Turner and District Cllr R Mathews.
3 Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted – to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda – Cllr J Wright item 5 (this item was moved to the end of the meeting at which time Cllr Wright left the building).
4 Public Forum – to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes:

No information re dates of meetings/minutes published in last 2 editions of Living Villages – Parish Clerk to contact editor supplying dates of meetings etc.

 

It was reported by resident prior to commencement of meeting that leaves falling of the trees at The Haycock never get cleared up from the footpath and could cause someone to slip when wet.  Parish Clerk will write to The Haycock requesting that the fallen leaves are cleared each year.

 

CCC (Cambridgeshire County Council) advised Parish Council about complaint received by them re significant amounts of construction and demolition waste being dumped over period of last two weeks at Wansford Marina.  Complaint has now been passed to the Environment Agency to investigate.

5 Sibson Garden Village Proposal – Larkfleet:

Cllr Beuttell outlined what the Parish Council (in conjunction with Elton Parish Council) had done so far and that both Parish Councils objected to the EOI.

6 Minutes of Previous Meetings: Minutes of 7th September 2016 were approved and signed.
6.1 Matters arising from above minutes:

Signs – despite being advised that work was due to commence WANSFORD sign to gateway to the village has still not been replaced – Parish Clerk to contact highways to see what is happening/when work will be done.

7 Financial Accounts
7.1 Accounts @ 31st October 2016 after payments below taken out:

Community Account – £21,908.16

Business Saver Account – £18,186.05

8 To Authorise the Following Orders for Payment: all undermentioned invoices were approved for payment.
8.1 Wendy Gray (clerk’s salary) – September/October 2016 – £466.66
8.2 Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk expenses – £81.63
8.3 D Knibbs – Litter pick October/November 2016 plus emptying Dog Bins – £510.00
9 Precept 2017-2018:

It was unanimously agreed that the Precept remain as in previous years £11,000.  Parish Clerk will submit the necessary paperwork.

10 Planning Applications:

16/02210/HHFUL – the erection of single storey rear and side extensions, porch and an extension on top of existing garage at Squirrel Corner, 17A Old Great North Road, Stibbington PE8 6LN – no objections raised.

11 Painting of Telephone Boxes and Lamp Posts:

Paint and undercoat has been ordered.  Parish Clerk to obtain quotes for the work to be done.

12 Correspondence from residents:

None.

13 Traffic Calming and Parking:

It was noted that whilst the bridge had been closed for 5 weeks traffic/parking had not been such a problem but has now gone back to normal.  Parish Clerk to draft a letter to Highways (Cllr M MacGuire) to seek clarification on what can/cannot be done and ascertain way forward.

14 General Correspondence:

Gritting within villages – Parish Clerk to obtain further information (a resident had advised would be happy to salt bad areas) and highways to be advised that grit bins also need replenishing with fresh grit.

15 Questions from Councillors:

Cllr Facer reported that there had been 4 burglaries within the last 2 months one of which took place this morning between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. whilst the householder was out.  Concern expressed at lack of policing – Parish Clerk to ascertain point of contact to request more police presence and attendance at meetings.

14. Reports:

No reports received.

15. Date of Next Meeting:

Wednesday 11th January 2017 commencing at 7 p.m.

 

Cllr Beuttell thanked everyone for attending.

 

The meeting closed at 8 p.m.

 

 

 

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>