Skip to content

Minutes 6th July 2016



Minutes of Meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Wednesday 6th July 2016 commencing at 7 p.m.



Councillor M Beuttell Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor H Facer
Councillor D Price Parish Clerk W Gray


  • Councillors were in attendance from 7.00 pm
  • 1 member of the public and District Cllr R Mathews were also present


Prior to the meeting we were advised of the untimely death of Rosie McDonnell, our hearts go out to Eddie at this very sad time.


Business Discussed

1 Opening of meeting – Cllr Beuttell welcomed everyone to the meeting
2 Apologies for Absence – to receive and accept apologies for absence – Cllrs I Turner and J Wright
3 Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted – to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda – None
4 Public Forum – to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes:

Nothing to report.

5 Minutes of Previous Meetings: Minutes of 4th May 2016 were approved and signed.
5.1 Matters arising from above minutes:


6 Financial Accounts
6.1 Accounts @ 30th June 2016 after payments below taken out:

Community Account – £24,432.76

Business Saver Account – £18,186.05

7 To Authorise the Following Orders for Payment: all undermentioned invoices were approved for payment.
Cheque raised during June for £359.82 for contribution to Queen’s 90th Birthday Celebrations.
7.1 Wendy Gray (clerk’s salary) – May/June 2016 – £466.66
7.2 Wendy Gray – Parish Clerk expenses – ££56.74
7.3 D Knibbs – Litter pick June/July 2016 plus emptying Dog Bins – £420.00
8 Planning Applications:

H/5007/16/CC – Section 73 Planning Application to develop land without complying with condition 1 of planning permission H/05000/11/CC (to allow the mobile to remain on site until 31st August 2018) at Stibbington Outdoor Centre, Church Lane, Stibbington, Peterborough PE8 6LR – no objections raised.

9 Painting of Telephone Boxes and Lamp Posts:

The above are in desperate need of attention – Parish Clerk will contact BT with a view to obtaining red paint to get BT boxes repainted, Perspex also needs replacing.  It was also agreed that we should get the lamp posts re painted (green).

10 Correspondence from residents: None
11 Traffic Calming and Parking:

Agenda item for next meeting

12. General Correspondence:

General emails circulated to all Cllrs.

13. Questions from Councillors:

2 x Popular Trees (opposite Stibbington Diner) – HDC agreed to take down some years ago but ran out of money, Cllr Beuttell has received a quote, can we obtain 2 further quotes.  Cllrs agreed trees should be taken down.

14. Reports:

Cllr Facer had been contacted by a resident re dog bin opposite his property and issues with the Post Office i.e. why can’t he collect his parcels there when everyone else can.


It was agreed that the Parish Clerk would write to resident re these issues and advise that all enquires should be directed to the Parish Clerk in the first instance.

13 Date of Next Meeting:

Wednesday 7th September 2016 commencing at 7 p.m.


Cllr Beuttell thanked everyone for attending.


The meeting closed at 7.25 p.m.




Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *