Minutes

 

The Meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Tuesday, 3rd March 2015 at 7.00 p.m.

 

Present:

Councillor M Beuttell Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor R Cawood
Parish Clerk W Gray Councillor I Turner


 

  • Councillors were in attendance from 7.00 pm
  • 11 members of the public were also present

 

Business Discussed

1 Opening of meeting – Cllr Beuttell welcomed everyone and declared the meeting open.
2 Apologies for Absence – to receive and accept apologies for absence – Cllr D Price.
3 Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted – to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda – Cllrs Bradshaw, Turner – Planning Application 4 New Lane.
4 Public Forum – to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes:Police contact – in Living Villages it is noted that Wansford Parish Council receive regular attendance by PCSO’s – can we request regular attendance here?  Parish Clerk to write to PCSO’s superior to request regular attendance.

 

Superfast Broadband – areas around SCS appear to be gearing up for installation of superfast broadband, what is happening here?  Parish Clerk advised information on CCC website but will advise on progress at meetings (emails will be sent to Parish Clerk to report at meetings).

5 Minutes of Previous Meetings: Minutes of 6th January 2015 were approved and signed.
5.1 Matters arising from above minutes:Litter Warden/Community Cleaner – areas defined as around Environment Centre, all of Church Lane, Roman Drive, Old Great North Road, pathway down to Railway, London Road up to Christie Hall, slip road onto A1 by allotments.  Parish Clerk will place article in Living Villages asking for tenders.
6 Financial Accounts
6.1 Accounts @ 3rd March 2015 after payments below taken out:Community Account – £14,989.79

Business Saver Account – £18,167.74

7 To Authorise the Following Orders for Payment: all undermentioned invoices were approved for payment.
7.1 Wendy Gray (clerk’s salary) – January/February 2015 – £433.32
7.2 Wendy Gray (clerk’s expenses) – £90.81
7.3 D Knibbs – Maintenance area in front of post box Church Lane, Clearing footpath/cutting hedge at side of Christie Hall – £140.00
7.4 A Flatters – Emptying and Disposal of contents of Dog Bins etc – £80.00
7.5 Stibbington Church – Donation
7.6 GVA – Christie Hall Rent – £910.00
8 Payments made since last meeting: Suffolk Acre Insurance – Renewal
9 Planning Applications received and commented on since last meeting:1401933FUL – Plot 2A Waters Edge

1300384FUL – Amendments (Creation of new marina)

10 Planning Application (New):1500288FUL – Erection of street railings to front of dwelling with stone gate piers at 4 New Lane, Stibbington, PE8 6JU – no objections raised.
11 Correspondence from residents:Letter received from Mr Boulton re bollards – letter was read out to all in attendance by the Parish Clerk – further discussions ensued.  A sequence of events was read out from when the issue of bollards was first raised.  Several residents present were very happy with the bollards, and did not hesitate in commenting what a difference had been made since they had been installed.  The Landlady of the Cross Keys indicated that her business had been badly affected by the introduction of the bollards because patrons cannot easily park there anymore.  It was pointed out that the businesses at that end of the village insist on parking their vehicles outside their premises at all times, and that there was therefore no space directly outside for patrons to park.   It was also pointed out that the proposed Yellow Lines have now been cancelled, and cars can park outside of the bollards to visit the Post Office and the local shops if no parking was immediately available to them.

 

White Lining is still to be done scheduled for April/May time (no frosts).

 

Cllr Beuttell and Cllr Bradshaw advised that traffic calming measures needed to be looked at again and that Cllr Mac McGuire would be attending a PC meeting in the future to discuss this issue.

12 General Correspondence: Peterborough Cycle West Project – presentation being given at next Wansford Parish Council meeting – Parish Clerk will report back to SCS Councillors.
13 Questions from Councillors:Flooding – Cllr Beuttell will progress this issue with Cllr Mac McGuire.
14 Reports: Cllr Bradshaw had attended AGM and a copy of their accounts had been given for the Parish Councils file.
15 Date of Next Meeting: Tuesday 5th May 2015 commencing at 7.00 p.m. 

The meeting closed at 7.40 p.m.