Minutes

 

The Meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Wednesday, 6th November 2013.

 

Present:

Councillor M Beuttell Councillor D Price Councillor J Wright
Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor I Turner Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk
Councillor N Cook Cllr R Cawood (see 4a)  


 

  • Councillors were in attendance from 7.30 pm
  • 8 members of the public were also present

 

Business Discussed

1

Opening of meeting  – Cllr Beuttell welcomed everyone and declared the meeting open.

2

Apologies for Absence – to receive and accept apologies for absence – None

3

Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted – to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda – None

4

Resignation of Councillor: resignation received from Paul Styles, the Parish Council would like to take this opportunity to thank him for all his efforts.

4a

Co-Option of Councillor: following above and after consultation with HDC permission was given to co-opt a new member.  One application received.  Cllr Beuttell would like to propose that Mr R Cawood is co-opted on to the Parish Council, all Cllrs in agreement.  Parish Clerk arranged for Declaration of Acceptance to Office to be signed.  Mr Cawo9od then joined the Cllrs.

5

Public Forum – to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes –

  • e-mail received from resident at Waters Edge which had been circulated to all Cllrs.  Concern expressed about individuals being made aware of any new planning applications as it appears HDC have not been advising and would it not be a good idea for the Parish Council to advise residents.  Cllr Beuttell explained the procedure that is in place and that issues that have arisen are between HDC and the residents of Waters Edge.  The residents were also concerned that another piece of land had been sold and planning permission obtained – Cllr Beutell reported that we had not been advised of this.

Cllr Guyatt who was in attendance at meeting requested resident email him with his concerns.  Cllr Guyatt also reported that he was not aware of any new planning permission being granted.

 

  • Cllr Guyatt reported on behalf of Cllr Macguire that Minor Improvements email was due to be sent out.

 

  • Keep Left Bollard on Old Great North Road lights are out.

 

  • White Lining – it has been agreed that work will be done but may not take place in this financial year but certainly next will also incorporate keep clear signs.

 

  • Resident thanked PC for bollards that have been placed outside Chapel Court and enquired when hatching would be done.  Cllr Beuttell reported that she has requested that this work is completed asap.

 

6

Minutes of Previous Meeting: Minutes of 4th September were approved and signed.

6.1

Matters arising from above minutes:

Highways contacted re drains going down hill towards A1 before slip road on the bend still blocked with debris – Parish Clerk to contact again.

7

Financial Accounts

7.1

Accounts @ 31st October 2013:

Community Account – £13,906.97

Business Saver Account – £18,160.00

 

Accounts returned from External Auditors – comments have been noted.

8

To Authorise the Following Orders for Payment: all undermentioned invoices were approved for payment.

8.1

PKF Littlejohn – External Audit – £120.00

8.2

TWM Traffic Control – Speed Sign – £3,858.00

8.3

Suffolk Acre Insurance (5 years) – £432.49

8.4

Wendy Gray (clerk’s salary) – September/October 2013 – £433.32

8.5

Clerks Expenses – Stationery/Postage/Use of Computer – £72.80

8.6

A Flatters – Emptying and Disposal of contents of Dog Bins/removing sign – £120.00

9

Planning:

9.1

1301512LBC – Installation of thermodynamic solar panels and satellite dish (retrospective) at Old Castle Farm House, 45 Church Lane, Stibbington PE8 6LP – it was noted that this building is a Listed building and as such the current owner should have known that the attachment of Solar Panels etc should have been applied for through the proper channels.  We also again note that this application is “in retrospect” something which the Parish Council do not encourage.

10

Correspondence from residents:

Email re Overhanging Trees in Roman Drive and Great North Road, Stibbington – circulated to all Cllrs.  It was agreed highways agency to be contacted re wall and environment centre re trees.

 

Email re bollards – circulated to all Cllrs.  It was unanimously agreed that we would reply to resident’s email by answering each question in detail.

11

General Correspondence:

Precept details for 2014/2015 – copy to be forwarded to all Cllrs.

 

Elections will take place on 22nd May 2014.

 

Draft Nene Catchment Plan – copy sent to all Cllrs.

12

Questions from Councillors:

Flooding – slip road and corner of New Lane at the bottom.  Parish Clerk to report.

 

Sibson – parachutists walking back after drop, frightening horses.  Cllr Beuttell will speak with Sibson.

13

Reports: No report received from PCSO

14

Date of Next Meeting: Wednesday 15th January 2014

The meeting closed at 8.00 p.m.