Minutes

 

The Meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Wednesday, 7th May 2014 immediately after the Annual Parish Meeting.

 

Present:

Councillor M Beuttell Councillor R Cawood Councillor N Cook
Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor D Price Councillor I Turner
Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk


 

  • Councillors were in attendance from 7.30 pm
  • 3 members of the public were also present

 

Business Discussed

1 Opening of meeting – Cllr Beuttell welcomed everyone and declared the meeting open.
2 Apologies for Absence – to receive and accept apologies for absence – Cllr J Wright
3 Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted – to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda – None
4 Public Forum – to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes:Public seat near allotments entrance, overgrown vegetation around seat, not sure who owns, Parish Council to establish ownership.  Cllr Bradshaw said he would be happy to arrange for vegetation to be cleared so that seat could be used.

 

Mr Williams from 21 Church Lane enquired if bus shelter near cottages belonged to the Parish Council, highways believed it did.  Bus shelter is in a state of disrepair, understood it was put there as a temporary measure until slip road put in, buses have not run since September 2007, bus shelter has not been treated and looked after, nuts missing off some of the bolts.  If bus shelter not owned by PC or needed could he have it to repair and put in his garden?  Parish Clerk to check records in the first instance.

5 Minutes of Previous Meeting: Minutes of 5th March 2014 were approved and signed.
5.1 Matters arising from above minutes:Sibson Aerodrome – Cllrs Beuttell and Turner visited aerodrome and had a very nice meeting with owner, put forward our questions and concerns from residents.  Every time there is an incident they have to report it.  Making a few changes on aerodrome ie taking down some Nissan huts which will help with tannoy noise.  Residents have been given incident report forms to complete – in 3 months time reports received will be reviewed by Parish Council and a further meeting will be arranged with aerodrome to go through issues.  We have been given mobile number and another telephone number to call them on.

 

Village Plan – muted about 5/6 years ago – as a PC we have done nothing about it at all.  How do cllrs feel about doing a letter drop in the village and get together with Wansford PC.  Good way of getting parishioners to interact with PC.

6 Financial Accounts
6.1 Accounts @ 30th April 2014:Community Account – £9,757.39

Business Saver Account – £18,167.74

7 To Authorise the Following Orders for Payment: all undermentioned invoices were approved for payment.
7.1 Wendy Gray (clerk’s salary) – March/April 2014 – £433.32
7.2 Wendy Gray (clerk’s expenses) – £73.01
7.3 A Flatters – Emptying and Disposal of contents of Dog Bins – £100.00
7.4 Living Villages donation 2013/2014 and 2014/2015 – £240.00
7.5 Paul Taylor, Internal Auditor – £120.00
7.6 Glasdon UK Ltd (bags for dog bins) – £40.33
8 Payments made since last meeting: None
9 Planning Applications received and commented on since last meeting:Land at 19 Old Great North Road, Stibbington
10 Planning Application (New): Marina, amendment to the original plans.
11 Correspondence from residents: Telephone call re street light on Roman Drive that has been taken down, 3 bungalows nearby, residents are disabled and need light.  Balfour Beatty contacted awaiting a response, copy of emails to be sent to Cllr MacGuire for info.
12 General Correspondence:Balfour Beatty – Quotation re changing 2 lanterns – will not proceed with at this moment in time.
13 Questions from Councillors:Drains – still full of rubbish – Parish Clerk to report again.

 

During Litter Pick around the village – noticed when Haycock have functions, signs advertising event are not being removed, out of date.  Cllr Beuttell will speak with The Haycock.

14 Reports: None
15 Date of Next Meeting: Annual General MeetingWednesday 4th June 2014 

Apologies in advance from Cllr Cawood who will not be able to attend meeting.

 

The meeting closed at 8.10 p.m.