Skip to content

Parish Council Minutes 2nd March 2011

  • by


 Minutes 2nd March 2011 (Click here to download as a Word document)

The meeting of the Parish Council was held at The Environment Centre, Stibbington on Wednesday, 2nd March 2011 at7.30pm.



Councillor A Coe Councillor P Styles  
Councillor N Cook Councillor I Turner  
Councillor M Bradshaw Councillor M Beuttell  Mrs W Gray (Clerk)


  • Councillors were in attendance from7.30pm
  • 3 members of the public were present


The Vice Chairman, Cllr Coe opened the meeting, at7.30pm.


Business Discussed

122 Apologies for Absence – to receive and accept apologies for absence

Councillor P Gatheral – holiday

123 Declaration of Interest in Business to be Transacted – to receive declarations of interest – person and/or prejudicial and the nature of those interests relating to items on the agenda.

None declared.

124 Public Forum – to allow any member of the public to address the council.  Time limited to 10 minutes

  • Draft Minutes not in Post Office – ensure copy posted
  • Elton Road Verges – deterioration caused by lorries entering/leaving chicken farm and general traffic – highways to be contacted
  • Notice re Street Party post on official notice board
  • Telephone Kiosks/Noticeboards – Cllr Coe will send e-mail to get telephone boxes and noticeboards completed as soon as possible before financial year end – all in agreement for e-mail to be sent.







Cllr Beuttell


125 Approve Minutes of Meeting –   5th January 2011

                                                2nd February 2011 (extraordinary)

All present agreed that the three sets of minutes were a true record of each meetingProposed Cllr Bradshaw, seconded Cllr Styles.

126 Review Actions from Meeting

  • Christie Hall
  • White Lines – lines still not done, Parish Clerk to speak with highways again as a matter of urgency.
  • Correspondence received – It was agreed the Parish Clerk would forward all e-mails to Councillors to keep them advised and up to date with things as they happen – Cllrs will liaise with Parish Clerk when responses are required.
  • Village Plan – Cambridgeshire Acre (Clerk to write to them) can we be pilot study for two villages.
  • Royal Wedding, Road Closure – “The Parish Council is not giving a Street Party but are financially supporting Street Party by way of paying for the road management of the street closure”.














Accounts:  It was agreed that copy of Financial Accounts would be circulated to all Cllrs prior to each meeting.


127.2 To Receive ‘Budget Vs Spent’ Report – available at the meeting.  This was discussed.  
128 To Authorise the following Orders for Payment (Cllr Beuttell):  
128.1 Mrs W Gray(Clerk’s Salary                                                                     £275.12 S111 Local Government Act 1972
128.2 CCC – streetlights (maintenance and electricity)                                £1,296.43

(letter to be sent confirming light no. 13 no longer – credit will

be given on next invoice)

128.3 Royal British Legion (Christie Hall Rent)                                              £910.00  
  Total                                                                                                  £2481.55

All present agreed that the above payments were in order.

129 Planning  
  New Applications These will be on view to the public from 7.30pm Town & Country Planning Act 1990 Sched 1 Para 8
  Name Address Work Planned Planning Ref Recommendation  
129.1 Mr I Walton Riverside Cottages,Great North Road, Stibbington Two storey side extension to form carport and annexe 1100222FUL Recommend approval as no detriment to surrounding area.  All in agreement.


130.1 Correspondence requiring Council’s Attention  






CCC Highways online reporting system – no comment

Review of Joint Core Strategy – Issues Consultation – no concern

Free Sport & Activity Support for your Village Festivals – no participation

Green Heart Community Awards 2011 – no

Highway Wardens – seems good idea, express our interest

Clearance of Footpath between Church land andRoman Drive– report to highways









131 Correspondence from Councillors  
  Cllr Coe received e-mail from Cllr Gatheral confiring that he would be resigning as Chairman and as a member of the Parish Council t the end of this financial year.  Cllr Gatheral will chair the Annual Parish Meeting.  Cllr Coe wished to voice his vote of thanks for the work done by Peter Gatheral during his time as a Parish Councillor.


Cllr Coe handed letter to Parish Clerk to read out to members of the Parish Council.  Cllr Coe offered his resignation with effect from 31st March 2011.  Cllr Coe will clear all outstanding items that he has undertaken for the Parish Council.  Cllr Coe will also continue to run the Parish Council website until such time as a replacement can be found.  Wendy Gray, Parish Clerk advised that she would be quite happy to do this for the Parish Council.  Cllr Coe will liaise with Wendy.


There will now be 2 vacancies within the Parish Council.

132 Questions from Councillors  
133 Reports  
133.1 Crime Report – circulated  
134 Annual Parish Meeting

Send out a note with copies posted inLivingVillagesand Post Office


134.1 It was agreed that Annual Parish Meeting would take place on Wednesday 13th April 2011 when everyone would be available  
135 Any Other Matters (Information/Questions Only – No Decisions)

  • Speedwatch – update on recent survey given
  • Damaged Bus Shelter – now totally prepared – thank you to Cllr Bradshaw
  • Thankyou for previous Clerk (£200 voucher)
136 Date of Next Meeting  
  Annual Parish Meeting  – Wednesday, 13th April 2011 at7.30pm  

The meeting closed at8.35 p.m.


These Minutes will be put to the Council for approval as a true record on Wednesday, 13th April 2011 and any changes put forward at this time will be included in these subsequent minutes.





The Clerk can be contacted in the following ways:


By Post –


By email –


By Telephone –



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *